PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN MAY 2018
Across ACPET, our strategy is to develop the capacity and capability of our sector through a wide-ranging set of activities and programs. We know that the future of our sector will be about having the best people making the best decisions for their students and their learning.
1. Understanding higher education course development, approval and review
WEBINAR: 1 May 2018, 10.00am – 11.00am EST
In this webinar the processes that guide higher education course development and design are explored within the context of the Higher Education Standards Framework.
2. Choosing an LLN assessment tool: Off-the-shelf or custom-built?
WEBINAR: 2 May 2018, 1.00pm – 2.00pm EST
This webinar will explore key factors that an RTO should consider when deciding on whether to use the free online government Foundation Skills Assessment Tool (FSAT), buy a commercial LLN assessment tool, or purpose build their own organisational-specific tool.
3. LinkedIn profile – A checklist for success
WEBINAR: 4 May 2018, 10.00am – 11.00am EST
In this interactive webinar, Karen Hollenbach, the LinkedIn Lady, will step you through the key features of your LinkedIn Profile to help you transform your presence on LinkedIn.
4. Maintaining Focus for Enterprise RTOs
WEBINAR: 9 May 2018, 12.30pm – 1.30pm EST
This webinar will focus on the complexities of being an enterprise RTO and how this can affect compliance and training and assessment activities. The webinar will highlight common pitfalls and offer practical solution to ensure organisational goals and compliance requirements are aligned for the best teaching and learning outcomes.
5. Curious cats and other great learning ideas for fostering student engagement
WEBINAR: 15 May 2018, 11.00am – 12.00pm EST
Given the renewed focus on supporting students in Vocational Education, it seems logical that as educators, we refresh ourselves on one of the basic tenets for learning. Whilst the main audience of this session will be educators from the VET sector, content themes are readily applicable to teachers also.
6. Helping Shy EAL/ELICOS Students to Speak Up – It Can Be Done
WEBINAR: 23 May 2018, 3.30pm – 4.30pm EST
This webinar looks at simple strategies to employ that quickly build up shy students’ confidence and helps turn language learning into a rewarding activity. The webinar provides strategies for all English proficiency levels from elementary to advanced.
7. Everything you need to know before setting up an RTO
WEBINAR: 25 May 2018, 12.00pm – 1.00pm EST
This webinar is designed for those considering applying in becoming an RTO in the near or immediate future. Whether you are doing initial research or have already commenced your project, this 90min webinar will provide you with the right insight you need to ensure you are taking a streamlined and efficient approach to achieving registration and setting up your business for success.
AVETRA VET Practitioner Research Conference
AVETRA VET Practitioner Research Conference
26/27 April 2018
VET Development Centre – 379 Collins Street, Melbourne
This could be your last chance to register: http://www.cvent.com/d/ytqf48
Cost: $25 AVETRA members or $225 non-members. A bargain, so join AVETRA today and then register for the conference.
- International Guest Speaker – Jose Luis Fernandez Maure, from the Institute of Innovation and Applied Research for VET in the Basque country. As well as delivering the keynote address on Friday, he will conduct a workshop on Thursday on entrepreneurship and research capability development.
- A range of workshop sessions covering:
- NCVER and its services, including how to work with NCVER in the future
- Developing collaborative applied research proposals
- Researching and understanding industry knowledge
- Developing e-assessments for learning
- Positives and negatives of insider research
- Developing a small scale research project
- 10 minute and 30 minute presentations on the Friday from a range of VET researchers
Come and support your VET sector and practitioner researchers. Organisational prices can be arranged.
Contact Linda Simon or Steven Hodge at AVETRA2018PracResConf@mail.com
Be Recognised Nationally! Apply for the 2018 Australian Training Awards
Celebrating 25 years of recognising excellence in vocational education and training
Applications open until 31 May 2018
The Australian Training Awards are the peak, national awards for the vocational education and training (VET) sector, recognising individuals, businesses and registered training organisations for their contribution to skilling Australia.
There are 18 categories presented at the Australian Training Awards. Seven of the awards are available by direct entry, and 11 taking nominations through state and territory training awards programs.
Applicants may have the opportunity to reach the national stage in November this year and gain Australia-wide recognition for the work they do.
How to enter
Applications for the Award are made directly to the Australian Training Awards by completing the nomination form on the website. Applications close 31 May 2018.
The 2018 Australian Training Awards will be held in Sydney on 15 November 2018.
Australian Training Awards direct entry categories:
• National Achievement Award
• Lifetime Achievement Award
• Excellence in Language, Literacy and Numeracy Practice Award
• Small Employer of the Year Award*
• Australian Apprenticeships – Employer Award
For registered training organisations:
• School Pathways to VET Award
• International Training Provider of the Year Award
*Direct Entry for NSW and WA only. All other states and territories are to apply through their respective training awards, noting the opening and closing dates will differ for each state and territory.
For more information:
Australian Training Awards website
This weeks featured BD partners : CV Check & Tirnitin
The Australian Council for Private Education and Training has partnered with CVCheck as their preferred provider of screening and verification services.
CVCheck is a leading provider in Australia, who’s aim is to provide verified information that supports people in building trust and growing honest relationships.
We provide over 1000 checks across 190 countries covering:
- Police checks
- Employment history & employment references
- Qualification checks
- Credit, financial & business checks
- Professional membership checks & more.
Our secure online service makes it easy for individuals and businesses to source and share information relevant for employment, licensing and more.
Simply click here to create your free CVCheck account.
Turnitin is the global leader in plagiarism prevention. More than 15,000 institutions worldwide utilise Turnitin’s unparalleled similarity checking, research and feedback tools to enhance their students’ writing and referencing skills while promoting a higher level of critical thinking.
Only Turnitin gives you comprehensive content coverage to protect your academic reputation with the highest level of confidence. Instantly check to see if student work is original by comparing it to the most comprehensive database in the industry, including the world’s largest repository of student papers.
How do you get started?
Our special introductory licence starts at just US$ 2,000 for ACPET member, please feel free to contact email@example.com to schedule an initial consultation.
To visit all ACPET BD partners click here